Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Science writing prize | Science | The Guardian

Science writing prize | Science | The Guardian

With the Wellcome Trust Science Writing Prize 2013 open for entries, three science writers – Geoff Brumfiel, senior reporter for Nature; Jo Marchant, author of Decoding the Heavens; and Linda Geddes, a New Scientist reporter – discuss their tricks of the trade. 'I don't have a lot of things I don't like about bad science writing because I'll just stop reading it – and that's what other readers do too.' says Brumfiel. Geddes warns against the pitfalls of over researching, and Marchant says you have to find ways to excite the reader.They discuss 'what is a good science story?'
There are also a number of other videos(including one from Bill Bryson) and articles on various aspects of Science writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Access in the European Research Area: progress remains uneven as new report calls for more concerted action

A new independent expert report published today by the European Commission highlights that, despite notable advancement, the implementation...